Sunday

Hot, Slow, Generally Uninspired

Another hot training day.


We"re two weeks into training cycle #4 of 2015 and getting ready for the Rochester Half Marathon. This race is about 7 weeks away and I'd the 4th and final run of the Four Seasons Challenge 2015.

I'm still dealing with an injury from the Shoreline half marathon and not running my best. Whatever is going on in my lower leg is waking me up with pain at night and making it difficult to walk in the mornings.

Here are a few things I've got to get after and fix early in this training cycle -

  1. Sleep. My sleep has been horrible. I'm waking several times each night for a variety of reasons including pain in my left lower leg. It may be muscle spasms at night or soft tissue tightening and reacting to movement while sleeping. 
  2. Diet and nutrition. Boosting my calories (while still eating as clean as possible) improves my daily performance. I have gone off the wagon a little and started snacking and eating some stuff I probably shouldn't every now and then. 
  3. Warm up and cool down. These have both suffered a lot recently. Being crunched for time (who isn't?) has pushed the bad habit of not warming up well. Now that I think about it, that may be part of my leg pain issue, too. Cooling down, stretching and self care have also fallen off. I used to spend a few minutes every night and morning with my foam rollers. Not so lately. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Living and Writing