Saturday

Waiting for Input

An early morning that doesn't have to be puts me at the table before sun up. Coffee mug in hand, sipping more flavored cream than coffee, there's a smile. Not from the flavor in the mug or the precious few minutes to enjoy the silence, but from the slogan on the mug and the mug itself. A gift in every sense of the word. "My coffee tastes better when you're running" is what I say to my track team and its whats blazoned on my mug. Handwritten in black pen against a green background with a maroon stripe circling the middle of the mug, artistically, thoughtfully, lovingly designed to mimic a running track.  Love, Jyl written vertically on the handle. The sum of the words, artwork, and thoughtfulness equalling a prized possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Living and Writing