Saturday

Training Video Blog 12.26.14

Last 13.1 mile training run before the Winter Warrior!


Today was my fourth and final 13.1 mile training run of this cycle. It also marks a major accomplishment...being able to run 13.1 miles and feeling prepared for my first 1/2 Marathon.

The Winter Warrior 1/2 is scheduled for January 10, 2015. The WW1/2 is also the first segment of the Four Seasons Challenge - a series of four 1/2 marathons in the Rochester area, as the name implies, one for each season.

I started training for this on October, 6 - after the Autumn Classic Duathlon - until then 6 miles was my longest run...ever. Keeping in  mind the lessons learned from my first year of triathlon training, I've been able to extend myself, train hard and safe. Today, having completed four 1/2 marathon training runs, I feel accomplished and ready for the real test on January 10, 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading Living and Writing